My show is not downloading. What do I do?
If you're getting the "Connection interrupted, please try again" error message, "Contact Sales/Support" error, or if your show download doesn't make any progress, it means that your internet connection was interrupted during the download process.
There are a couple of things you need to ensure to get a successful download:
- Use a hardwired (ethernet) connection for best results versus wifi
- Ensure that your computer, internet server, and cabling are undisturbed during the download process
- Do not run any other programs or applications during the download
- Go into your system settings to ensure that your computer doesn't go into a power-saving mode (no screen savers, no logging out of your user account, and of course no turning off your computer)
- If you are a returning customer, you may be running an outdated version of StagePlayer. Download the program again from your Broadway Media account. This will overwrite the older version with the most up-to-date version.
If none of these solutions work for you, you might be running into a firewall issue. Broadway Media customers sometimes report that their theaters, universities, or schools have firewalls that "catch" the show download (even though it doesn't necessarily stop the StagePlayer download). Try using a different internet connection (such as your home internet) to download the show or asking your IT department to whitelisting these urls: